Shipper’s Agreement Terms (Terms & Conditions)
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, I/we agree that Couriers To India – CTI’s Terms and Conditions
of Carriage are all the terms of the contract between me/us and CTI and (1) such Terms and
Conditions and, where applicable, the Warsaw Convention limits and/or excludes CTI’s liability for
loss, damage or delay and (2) this shipment does not contain cash, dangerous or prohibited goods
including batteries, flammables, protein powders or vitamins.
Couriers To India is a freight forwarding agent (not a common carrier) that works only with the best
companies in logistics – DHL, TNT, FEDEX and UPS. As a forwarding agent, we do not have any
control over the Custom and Quarantine duties/taxes/penalties/demurrage and surcharges charged
by the Government of India or the Carrier. We are unable to estimate these charges until they are
assessed by the officer in charge at the port of clearance.
All customs and clearance charges must be paid prior to the shipment being delivered to the
recipient. You also agree to the following:
1. The final chargeable weight will be determined by the logistic provider at their depot after
the consignment has been picked up. You will be charged based on this weight, which is the
higher of volumetric weight or actual weight & not the weight/size calculated by you. A
refundable test transaction of $1.00 may be processed to validate your credit/debit card.
2. Freight cost is payable as soon as the shipment is picked up in the origin country. Should for
any reason whatsoever, your card is unable to be processed, CTI will, without notice, hold
your package while in transit, until the payment is cleared. CTI does not allow payment after
delivery – this is done to keep service costs low and pass on the savings on to you. An Admin
Fee of $10.00 will be charged for: (1) If the payment fails to be processed in first instance by
our system (2) Any changes required to the airway bill once generated (3) Cancellation of
the airway bill once generated.
3. The consignment cannot be returned back to the shipper once it is picked up in the origin country.
Should any portion of the invoice be outstanding, Couriers To India reserves the right to recover the outstanding dues from the sender or receiver including any costs associated in the collection of the dues.
4. The consignment cannot be returned / destroyed by Customs Department of India and if delivered to the receiver, all applicable duties/taxes and levies are payable by either the sender or the receiver and you consent to allow CTI to collect these from the receiver if the sender fails to pay.
5. All fees / charges and costs associated in the collection of the debt (Freight / Duties / Taxes) will be charged back to the shipper in the origin country.
6. A demurrage fee of $22.00 per day will be charged after 48 hours of consignment being held for customs clearance due to delay in required paperwork/ identification documents not being provided to CTI/Customs/Carrier. Further, customs may charge demurrage while the clearing process is ongoing.
7. Rude & abusive behavior by customers is not tolerated at CTI. Your package will be placed on hold until an unconditional written apology is tendered should this occur.
8. This shipper agreement must be agreed to in addition to the Conditions of Cartage / Terms and Conditions of the freight service provider available on our website or the Carrier’s website.
9. All communications – invoices, customs documents, debt collections for Freight, Duties, Taxes, Penalties from Couriers To India will be made via email to the email address provided by you. By validating/using your email address, you agree to be the rightful owner of the email account. Further, all civil suits and court actions, default notices and collection notices will be deemed to have been delivered when sent to your email address.
10. For excess baggage, in case Customs or the Carrier, at their discretion, decide to move the package from Courier to Personal Mode of clearance (cargo), you agree to present yourself to the Customs department in India at the port of clearance in person & agree to provide
your original passport for verification by Customs Department of India. Further, such clearance may incur a clearance fee that will be advised at the time of clearance or after the clearance process is completed and the clearance team knows the final amount.
01. Shipment will be billed on either actual or volumetric weight whichever is higher. The formula to
calculate the volumetric weight is: ((Length x Width x Height)/5000). where dimensions are in centimeters.
02. Customs & Clearance charges (including demurrage) are not included in the freight prices &
must be paid as per the assessment by Customs Department of India. Documents are not liable for
03. Shipment does not contain any types of batteries, flammables, protein powders, vitamins or
medication, cash, sim cards, dangerous or prohibited goods. A return cost of $85.00 per piece will
be charged should any of these items be found.
04. For excess baggage, in case Customs or the Carrier, at their discretion, decide to move the package from Courier to Personal Mode of clearance (cargo), you agree to present yourself to the Customs department in India at the port of clearance in person & agree to provide your original passport for verification by Customs Department of India. Further, such clearance may incur a
clearance fee that will be advised at the time of clearance or after the clearance process is completed and the clearance team knows the final amount.
05. When sending to another country, please replace “India” with the destination country and read the document in situ. Just because you are sending to another country does not waive, omit or forego any part of these terms and conditions. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.